The California Highway Patrol has arrested a man they say stole a truck from an evacuated zone.
The CHP says they stopped Robert Shaw, 40, for speeding in the area of Oak Street near Hawthorne Avenue in Happy Valley at around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. They say the officer was actively patroling the Carr Fire evacuation areas for looters. The officer ran a check on the white Chevrolet truck and discovered it was stolen from an evacuated area.
The owner of the truck was contacted and stated he was evacuated for the Carr Fire and had parked the truck on his property before being evacuated. Officer Pratt arrested Shaw for Grand theft vehicle, Possession of a stolen vehicle, and Driving with a suspended license. He was booked into the Shasta County Jail.
- Car stolen from Carr Fire evacuee returned to owner
- Feather Falls Casino Fire Contained, Evacuees Can Return
- Bikes for Carr Fire Kids Stolen From Redding Bike Shop
- Two Stolen Bikes Recovered for Victims of the Carr Fire
- Trailer With Building Supplies Stolen From Carr Fire Victims
- Carr Fire Traffic Updates
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Carr Fire Television Special
- Carr Fire Thief Sentenced
- Search for evacuees in the Carr Fire with Red Cross website