IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. (AP) - San Diego County sheriff's deputies evacuated several homes after a car crashed into a house and caused a gas leak.
The crash occurred around 1:30 a.m. Friday in Imperial Beach.
Arriving deputies noticed the gas and evacuated three nearby homes until firefighters and utility workers arrived to turn off and repair the leak.
The homeowners were not injured. The 76-year-old driver was cited and released.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press)
- Car crash into San Diego County home causes gas leak
- Gas leak in San Diego prompts evacuation of 1,100 homes
- Victim of San Diego plane crash identified
- Marine stabbed to death in San Diego
- San Diego seawater temperature hits 102-year high
- Dog Saved From Sinkhole in San Diego
- Gas leak evacuates Redding buildings
- 20 children injured after stairwell collapses in San Diego
- San Diego investigating man's near-crushing in trash truck
- Shots Fired Near San Diego Marathon, Female Suspect Arrested