Redding, Calif.—After a year of negotiations Captive Air in Redding has decided to stay local.
Captive Air is the leading manufacturer of commercial kitchen ventilation systems.
They reached out to the city of Redding last year with plans to expand.
With the negotiations up in the air, the business was planning to move leaving more than 100 residents without a job.
Larry Vaupel Development Services Director said, “So if they had built another facility in another state we could of lost those 128 jobs and that would have been really devastating not only to the local economy but of course the families.”
The city has since approved their expansion.
The business will receive a more than 100,000 dollar job credit to offset the development impact fees associated with the construction.
Stay with Action News Now for all things local. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Captive Air in Redding Approved for Expansion
- Jail Bed Expansion Project Approved in Redding
- Redding Announces Cannabis Business Approval
- Build.com Continues Chico Expansion
- Expansion planned for Win-River Casino in Redding
- Redding Planning Commission Approves Cannabis Cultivator
- Mental Health Facility Approved in Redding