REDDING, Calif - Earlier this week , the city of Redding announced three more approvals for cannabis retail businesses.
That makes six businesses being given the green light so far.
"Hype Cannabis", "Synergy", "Brayant Wellness Partners," and three others have been moving fast since being approved last week but each business could be seeing very different grand opening dates.
“It varies between each business some businesses have a building that’s better prepared more immediately but I think it’s safe to say about 60 to 90 days after they get a license so maybe a total of 120 days you can start seeing businesses open,” said city manager Barry Tippin.
Tippin adds once that process is complete residents could see open signs as early as the first week of November.
Most businesses will be taking over vacant facilities around the city instead of constructing.
City officials say if these businesses are a success, residents could see more businesses being approved in the future.
- Cannabis Businesses in Redding Take Next Step
- Redding Announces Cannabis Business Approval
- Cannabis Business Opens in Redding
- Redding Accepting Proposals for Cannabis-Related Businesses
- Redding revises cannabis ordinance
- Chico Businesses Attend Cannabis Panel
- Redding City Council Approves fee Schedule for Retail Cannabis Businesses
- City of Redding Releases fee Schedule for Commercial Cannabis Businesses
- Tax rates and responsibilities for cannabis business
- UPDATED: California Cannabis - Open for Business