REDDING, Calif - Synergy opened its doors on Saturday as the first legal marijuana dispensary in the city of Redding.
"I'm feeling excited this has been a long time coming," said company CEO Jamie Garzot. "It's been a process and an invigorating process as well."
This is the first of four proposed dispensaries that are set to come into the city.
For many residents, they say it’s going to be a game changer because they can now fulfill their cannabis needs right at home.
"A lot easier and convenient for me because I was wasting a lot of gas going out to Shasta lake city," said one customer. "I live in downtown, I actually live in Anderson, so it was a completely opposite way."
One thing customers may notice is Synergy looks much different than your typical dispensary.
Garzot says now that she's expanding to her second store, she wanted a cleaner, more modern look.
"It's beautiful," said the customer. "It looks gorgeous it feels natural. Clean much more like a pharmacy or doctors office."
Customers can find a variety of products for sale at the facility including edibles, inhalables and topicals.
But overall, for Garzot, this opening was a moment of gratitude for the city for allowing her to operate and for embracing the medical marijuana industry.
“I think it’s a huge step forward," she said. "I think there is a lot of economic benefits and I think it’s a step in the right direction. I know not everyone might share that opinion, but I'm grateful for the city for embracing this industry.”
Synergy is located on Hemstead Drive and will be open seven days a week from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Cannabis Business Opens in Redding
- Redding Announces Cannabis Business Approval
- Cannabis Businesses in Redding Take Next Step
- Redding Accepting Proposals for Cannabis-Related Businesses
- Redding revises cannabis ordinance
- UPDATED: California Cannabis - Open for Business
- Chico Businesses Attend Cannabis Panel
- City of Redding Releases fee Schedule for Commercial Cannabis Businesses
- Redding City Council Approves fee Schedule for Retail Cannabis Businesses
- Tax rates and responsibilities for cannabis business