SHASTA COUNTY - In Shasta County, a new candidate has stepped up to challenge Sheriff Tom Bosenko for the first time in nearly a decade.
The Sheriff of Shasta County will be a contested position in the next election cycle for the first time in almost 10 years.
This is John Greene, a 27 year veteran of the sheriff's department who has recently retired and is looking to run against Sheriff Tom Bosenko.
The two are confident that they both have the experience it will take to do the job.
Many issues face the office of sheriff, but one of the most important is jail bed space and as the office adds more patrol sergeants it’s a must for community safety.
Community input is also a huge point for both candidates and for Greene it will be one of his first acts to implement a new public opinion.
With community engagement, the two agree it is important but disagree with each other’s leadership styles.
Whatever their difference is, this November these candidates will be fighting for the position as well as the citizens of Shasta County.
- Candidate looks to replace Shasta Co. Sheriff Tom Bosenko
- Caltrans to replace Hat Creek Bridge in Shasta County
- Shasta County Sheriff: Armed Home Invaders Captured
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Most Wanted Criminals
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office declares local emergency
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Paradise receives replacement flags
- Shasta County Sheriff settles suit over jail conditions
- Shasta County Sheriff’s searching for Bella Vista burglary suspects
- Shasta County Sheriff warns Public about Phone Scam