Photo Gallery 7 Images
CHICO, Calif. - Several Chico community groups have come together to create a 'Cancel Kavanaugh' following the Senate Judiciary Hearing, where Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford testified.
The event began at around 5 p.m. on Thursday in the Chico City Plaza.
Organizers of the event made it clear that the event is not a march or a rally, but rather a creative, peaceful and clear statement in support of survivors of sexual assault.
They also say that stories like those shared by Christine Blasey Ford and Deborah Ramirez have encouraged many of them to start sharing their own experiences.
Nationwide survivors of assault are expected to gather tonight at Senator's officers to share stories.
- Chico Residents Create 'Cancel Kavanaugh' Event
- Chico Chamber of Commerce Creates Workforce Survey
- Bernie Sanders has heart procedure, cancels campaign events
- Halloween events coming to the Chico Mall
- Pit Bull stolen from Chico adoption event
- Annual Drop and Dash Event in Chico
- Thousands to attend Choose Chico event Saturday
- Chico group helps hungry residents in need
- Chico Residents Gather to Honor MLK's Legacy
- Cook Off Offers Chico Residents CPR Lessons