Candidates for the California District 1 Congressional seat plan to attend two public events ahead of the November election.
Representative Doug LaMalfa agreed to attend two campaign forums against his opponent, Audrey Denney.
The League of Women Voters will host the forums. Both candidates will be asked the same questions and be given time to answer.
The first is in Shasta County on Sunday, Sept. 16. It's happening from from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Anderson New Tech Senior High School, located at 2098 North Street, in Anderson.
The second is in Plumas County on Monday, Sept. 17. The candidates will square off from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Graeagle Fire Hall. It's located at 7620 Highway 89, in Graeagle.
Organizers say all are welcome, but to get there early, as space is limited.
These are the only two opportunities to see the candidates together, answering the same questions, ahead of the November 6 election.
A representative for Rep. LaMalfa says the Butte County League of Women Voters requested a third campaign forum, but the Congressman has a conflict of interest between the forum date and his travels to Washington D.C.
- Campaign Forums Set for District 1 Congressional Candidates
- Congressional District Candidates
- Chico Women's Club hosts congressional candidate forum
- Candidate Forum Hacked With Homosexual Porn
- Citizens for Justice Hosts Candidate Forum
- Chico State Hosts "Wildcats Vote" Campaign Forum
- Democratic Congressional Candidate Helps Donate to Carr Fire Relief
- League of Women Voters Butte County Announces Candidate Forums
- Three Candidates Seek the 3rd Supervisor District Seat
- Butte County Candidates Face Off For Supervisor District 2 Spot