OROVILLE, Calif. - On Tuesday, several Camp Fire survivors called their new FEMA trailers home, at least for the time being.
"Our house got burned down and then we got a new house! And how does that feel? I feel happy," said Kimberleigh Swisher, a 5-year-old Camp Fire survivor.
The Swisher family is putting the sheets on their brand new home, starting anew, once again at the Rosewood Mobile Home Park.
"It's hard to explain, it's just been so tough," said Jessica Swisher, a Camp Fire survivor.
Jessica Swisher and Eric Busby lost their trailer on Honey Run Road in the Camp Fire.
Jessica and Eric are engaged. They hoped to get married at the Honey Run Bridge until it got destroyed.
"Put on a happy face and just pushed through it. We've had a lot of obstacles and together we've made it through it," said Swisher.
This is the first set of four mobile home parks that FEMA has opened for Camp Fire survivors in Rosewood. The park can house up to forty households.
The family has searched for months for a permanent house.
"I actually found out on my birthday yesterday and I started crying I was like oh my gosh it's a house," said Swisher.
They say this is a relief to have in between the search.
"It's temporary, but it's better than a small room, it gives the girls a chance to walk around than just sit in a small room," said Swisher.
It's not permanent, but it's home sweet home for now.
The lease for these trailers is expected to expire next year in July, but the state can extend the lease if there is a need for it.
FEMA representatives said they're collecting donations for the survivors at the Rosewood trailers. Items like kitchenware and toys are needed. The trailers are located at 122 Mono Avenue in Oroville.
- Camp Fire survivors move into new Oroville FEMA trailers
- Camp Fire survivors move into Gridley FEMA trailers
- Camp Fire survivors move into trailers
- Rosewood FEMA trailer move-in postponed
- FEMA Trailers Have Arrived in Corning for Some Camp Fire Survivors
- 40 new FEMA trailers will be placed in Butte County for Camp Fire survivors
- Living in a FEMA Trailer
- 80 FEMA Trailers Ready for Fire Evacuees
- Bidwell Marina to open FEMA trailers to survivors
- FEMA builds homes for Camp Fire survivors on Hegan Lane