Photo Gallery 23 Images
CHICO, Calif. - Alita Abshier, who lived in Paradise for 65 years before she lost her home due to the Camp Fire, turned 100 years old on May 18.
Abshier, who lived in Paradise since the 1920s, is now being taken care of at Almond Blossom Assisted Living in Chico.
The family home had just been remodeled by a relative who was set to move in on November 10, just two days after the Camp Fire went through Paradise. The home was originally owned by Abshier's parents.
- Camp Fire survivor turns 100
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire
- Paradise woman turns 100
- Camp Fire survivors receive mattresses
- Erin Brockovich Meets with Camp Fire Survivors
- Donated Shoes For Camp Fire Survivor
- Boxer Ava Knight Helps Camp Fire Survivors
- Gov. Newsom meets with Camp Fire survivors
- Survivor opens Camp Fire Barbeque joint
- 280 grants given to Camp Fire survivors