A woman who survived the Camp Fire will be opening up a new restaurant in Paradise. The restaurant is located on the corner of Skyway and Fir street.
Owner Niki Jones said she wanted to open a restaurant that would bring people back together.
"It's exciting to be apart of the rebuild and to feel like I'm helping," Niki said. I'm doing something good for myself but for the community.
Jones owns Bobbi's boutique right next door and told Action News Now she knew she never wanted to leave paradise, so when the building became vacant she jumped on the opportunity.
General Manager April Kelly was born and raised in Paradise, worked together with Jones to create a vision for Nic's restaurant.
"Niki who owns the restaurant has been really amazing as far as wanting a place that people from Paradise can come and just feel like its home," Kelly said. "Really we just wanted to be an example of what Paradise can become moving forward."
Due to septic limitations, they aren't actually able to cook meals here at Nic's restaurant but they showed Action News Now the menu and there's a variety of cold sandwiches and hot panini's to choose from.
"In the evening time we are going to offer five different boards of meat and cheeses, fruits, and basically work with what we have and still be able to provide a really great experience and some really great food," Kelly said.
Jones said all of the employees at Nic's have a special bond.
"This awesome team we've hired are all from Paradise, so it's going to help them as well," Jones said.
Kelly said not only is it great to have the staff connect here and have a family amongst each other but they also get to connect with the community.
"It's really been a blessing to be able to offer jobs back in the town, Kelly said. "Everybody was in this together so that's a really special thing I think."
Nic's restaurant is planning to open to the public Sept. 14.
- Camp Fire survivor opens new restaurant in Paradise
- Survivor opens Camp Fire Barbeque joint
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire
- Paradise Ice Rink Opens After Camp Fire
- ‘Unwined’ Restaurant Hosts Free Christmas Dinner for Camp Fire Survivors
- Camp Fire survivors talk about the future of Paradise
- Camp Fire survivors divided on Paradise planning proposals
- Hundreds of Camp Fire survivors graduate in Paradise
- Camp Fire survivors living outside of Paradise share their concerns
- Paradise artist touches lives of Camp Fire survivors