CHICO, Calif, - The Vietnam Veterans of America are spending the weekend hosting fundraisers for those impacted by the Camp Fire.
Friday evening, May 17, the Chico Chapter is hosting a BBQ Tri-Tip drive-thru. Just drive right up to the Chico Veteran's Hall at 554 Rio Lindo Avenue, hand them $10, and they'll hand you a bag filled with a delicious drive-thru dinner.
The fundraiser begins at 4 p.m. and lasts until 7 p.m.
Then Saturday, May 18, the veterans will be handing out boxes of dried food for whoever needs it at Stephen Murray's special event for Camp Fire survivors. It will be held in the parking lot of Sportsman's Warehouse, at 765 East Avenue, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The veterans reached out to their network across the country and received a huge amount of food. They have spent the last several weeks packing boxes of dried food.
Each box feeds a family of four for one month. They say they have lots of food to share and will be giving them out all day Saturday to anyone who needs one.
- Vietnam Veterans of America put on Camp Fire fundraiser
- Vietnam Veteran Murdered in Nevada County
- Vietnam veterans honored in Shasta County
- New Year's Eve fundraiser for Oroville veterans
- Vietnam Stories from Shasta County
- Man Puts up Crosses to Honor Victims of Camp Fire
- Purdue University puts together Camp Fire standing home survey
- Half of Local Veterans Group Impacted by Camp Fire
- Chico veterans donate, pack food boxes for Camp Fire survivors
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire