PARADISE, Calif. -- A man badly injured in the Camp Fire died of health complications this week, according to his son.
72-year-old Paul Ernest of Paradise was recovering in the hospital from burn injuries and passed away Monday from health complications.
Ernest's son, Jessee, confirmed the news with Action News Now Wednesday night.
Jessee said his father got extensive third-degree burns on November 8th in Paradise.
Afterward, Ernest had complications with his lungs and was put on a ventilator. He passed away several weeks later.
Officially 85 people were killed in the Camp Fire. Unofficially, Ernest would be the 86th victim.
- Camp Fire burn victim dies from health complications
- Camp Fire burn victim relearning to walk
- Camp Fire survivor and burn victim shares story of survival
- Camp Fire: Resources for Victims
- Replacing burned yearbooks after the Camp Fire
- Redding Nonprofit Helps Camp Fire Victims
- PG&E offers apology to Camp Fire victims
- RaboBank waives fees for Camp Fire victims
- Shasta County Helps Camp Fire Victims
- Camp Fire: List of identified victims