CHICO, Calif. - The Town of Paradise is thinking ahead to Thanksgiving, and is working to bring people back together for a holiday meal.
The Town of Paradise and World Central Kitchen, in partnership with Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico State, the Associated Students and local school districts, are hosting Thanksgiving Together — a chance to bring together and bless the community through the unifying and healing power of food.
Several nonprofit organizations have stepped up and offered to feed the thousands of displaced residents who are in the area but without a home and essential necessities.
On Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 22, several locations will host Thanksgiving Together, with multiple seating times at each location to accommodate as many people as possible. Additionally, Thanksgiving Together will provide evacuees at all official shelters with a Thanksgiving meal at the shelters themselves. People will not have to leave the official shelters to receive this special Thanksgiving meal, the meal will come to them.
Food will be generously provided by World Central Kitchen and Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Celebrated chefs from across the nation will work side by side with Paradise restaurant owners to prepare this Thanksgiving meal for residents who have been displaced by the Camp Fire.
#ThanksgivingTogether - When: Thursday, November 22, 2018
Seating Times: 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
• Bell Memorial Union Auditorium at Chico State (West Second and Chestnut streets, Chico)
• Sutter Dining Hall at Chico State (Warner Street and Legion Avenue, Chico)
• Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (1075 East 20th Street, Chico)
Transportation & Parking:
• Bell Memorial Union Auditorium parking is available at the parking structure and adjacent parking lot at West Second and Chestnut streets, the parking lot at West Second and Cherry streets, and the downtown area. Parking enforcement will not be in operation due to the holiday.
• Sutter Dining Hall parking is available along Legion Avenue and in the University Stadium parking lot at Warner Street and Stadium Way. Parking enforcement will not be in operation due to the holiday.
• Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. parking is available in the brewery parking lots facing 20th Street.
• The Butte County B-Line is offering free rides through the month of November. Please go to http://www.blinetransit.com/index.html for bus stop and route information.
Anyone age 18 or older interested in volunteering for Thanksgiving Together can go to: http://bit.ly/ThanksgivingTogether to register to volunteer.