BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Sheriff Honea announced in a Camp Fire news briefing on Monday that the death toll numbers from the fire have decreased.
The death toll from the Camp Fire is now at 85, which is three less than previously stated.
Honea explained that DNA testing revealed remains thought to be from three different victims belonged to just one person.
It has been one week since search and rescue teams have uncovered more victims.
For a full list of identified victims of the Camp Fire, CLICK HERE.
The number of unaccounted for individuals due to the Camp Fire is now at 11. The Butte County Sheriff's Office is keeping an up-to-date list of those names HERE.
- Camp Fire Death Toll Number Decreases
- Paradise population decreases 90% since Camp Fire
- Cal Fire: Firefighter Suicide Death Toll Up
- Chico Sewage Numbers Spike Post-Camp Fire
- California mudslides death toll now 20
- Officials: Florence Death Toll Now 11
- Carr Fire Death Toll Climbs to 6 After Body Found