BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - The Camp Fire is now considered the world's costliest natural disaster of 2018.
This statement comes from German insurance company Munich Ree.
The fire killed 86 people and destroyed thousands of homes.
The insurance giant says the financial loss was $16.5 billion.
Hurricane Michael, which devastated parts of the Florida panhandle, was the second costliest at $16 billion.
- Camp Fire Considered World's Costliest Natural Disaster of 2018
- Rent control fuels costliest fight on California 2018 ballot
- Camp Fire Fund 2018
- Governor Signs Two Bills to Protect Victims of Natural Disasters
- North Valley Animal Disaster Group Helping Thousands of Animals During Camp Fire Disaster
- Disaster Preparation for Pets
- Disaster Center Holiday Hours
- Camp Fire: School Closures
- Camp Fire: Thanksgiving Together
- DONATE: Camp Fire Relief