MAGALIA, Calif.- Hundreds in Magalia came out for a Camp Fire remembrance event at the Pine Ridge School on Saturday.
Drew Fisher, a 5th grader from Cedarwood Elementary, says he lost his home last year during the Camp Fire, on the day of his birthday.
This weekend he came out to celebrate his 11th birthday with his friends and family.
After going through a difficult year, Fisher also shared a message with his fellow Camp Fire survivors.
Fisher says, "You gotta always think of the positive, it's gonna be alright, you might lose some stuff, might have your house burn down but your soul is still safe with you."
Ellen Johnson, helped organize Saturday's event, she told Action News Now, "This is a celebration, we’re here, we’re alive, we’re growing, and putting one foot in front of the other and we're gonna do it."
- Camp Fire remembrance in Magalia
- Chico Interfaith Council Camp Fire Remembrance Day
- Survivors talk Camp Fire recovery and remembrance
- Paradise Symphony Performs for Camp Fire Remembrance Week
- November 8 officially named Camp Fire Remembrance day
- November 8th named Camp Fire Remembrance Day in Butte County
- VIDEO: A Look at Magalia After the Camp Fire
- Community Center in Magalia Helps Camp Fire Evacuees
- Magalia Man Becomes First Camp Fire Looter to be Sentenced