BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Some Action News Now viewers have written in asking if the fire detection cameras on Sawmill Peak or Flea Mountain caught the Camp Fire in its early stages.
Cal Fire says the cameras did record the fire but did not set off an alert when it started.
Cal Fire had the alarm feature turned off.
They reasoned that the cameras set off too many false alarms when they detected any movement like a tree swaying in the wind.
Action News Now is working to get the camera recordings but Cal Fire may not release them until after the investigation is over.
- Cameras Near Camp Fire Did Record in Early Stages: Cal Fire
- Cal Fire
- Cal Fire Releases Details on Firefighters Injured in Camp Fire
- Paradise Man Records Escape from Camp Fire
- Cal Fire Urges Wildfire Preparedness
- CAL FIRE: Fire safety tips for Thanksgiving
- CAL FIRE responds to Richardson Fire
- Cal Fire Working to Detect Lighting Fires
- Cal Fire: 1-Acre Fire at Stirling City
- Cal Fire Extinguishes Magalia Structure Fire