Caltrans officials have confirmed an employee from Oroville was injured while on the job in Truckee.
Action News Now has confirmed that Daniel Strang, of Oroville, is recovering in the Intensive Care Unit at a Reno Hospital this morning.
He's surrounded by his wife and three young children. Strang's mother-in-law tells Action News Now that he suffered carbon monoxide poisoning and a head injury in a Caltrans trailer.
A spokesman for Caltrans District Three, Steve Nelson, has confirmed with Action News Now that an accident did happen Tuesday, while Strang was on the job.
It happened at a chain control checkpoint along Interstate 80, near the Donner Lake Interchange, west of Truckee.
This is an area with a large amount of Caltrans crews working, due to dangerous weather conditions and heavy traffic heading towards Tahoe ski resorts.
Caltrans is conducting an internal investigation into the accident and will not release further details at this time.
Caltrans tells us they have set up an assistance fund in Strag's name. You can find the link to that fund by clicking here.
Stay with Action News Now as we continue to follow this developing story.
- Caltrans worker from Oroville injured on the job
- Caltrans Job Fair in Marysville
- Caltrans Honors Those Lost on the Job
- CALTRANS Valley roadwork schedule
- Caltrans: Current Highway Conditions
- Caltrans, paralyzed Redding construction worker reach $37 million settlement
- Caltrans Hiring for Various Positions
- Caltrans District 2 Road Closures
- Caltrans QuickMap Shows Snow Plow Activity
- Caltrans Prepares for Incoming Rain and Snow