Assemblymembers Kevin McCarty (D – Sacramento), James Gallagher (R – Yuba City) and Joaquin Arambula, (D – Fresno), along with state and local opioid crisis experts and community leaders will discuss the impact of the opioid epidemic in California and possible legislative solutions Tuesday night at Butte College.
The open forum will be held at the Black Box Theatre at Butte College on 3536 Butte Campus Drive in Oroille. The forum goes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) found that in 2013 alone, 11,683 people – 32 people a day – were treated in California’s already overcrowded emergency rooms for non-fatal overdoses and other opioid-related conditions. Despite more Californians enrolled in healthcare programs, millions go unserved and can’t access drug treatment programs. As the increase in overdoses and deaths continues there is a great demand for rehabilitation and prevention programs. This legislative forum will explore possible legislative solutions to address the opioid epidemic in California.
Assemblymember Kevin McCarty (D – Sacramento)
Assemblymember James Gallagher (R – Yuba City)
Assemblymember Joaquin Arambula (D – Fresno)
Jennifer Skinner, MPH Supervising BHES, Prevention
Dr. Phillip Filbrandt, Butte-Glen Medical Society, Butte County Drug Abuse Task Force
Sandy Henley, MS, MHPA, Public Health Epidemiologist Butte County Public Health
Dave Bottom, Sheriff’s Sergeant, Supervisor for the Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force
Nicole Kloncz, Clinic Manager, Aegis Treatment Centers, LLC.
Dr. Phillip Filbrandt, Butte-Glen Medical Society, the Butte County Drug Abuse Task Force
Jennifer Stofa, M.S., LMFT, Substance Use Disorder and Recovery Service Butte County Department of Behavioral Health
Billy Aldridge, Watch Commander for Chico Police Department
You can view the Facebook Live broadcast of this event at: www.fb.com/AsmKevinMcCarty
- California legislators to host open forum at Butte College on opioid epidemic
- Butte County Joins National Fight Against Opioid Epidemic
- Butte College Welding Program
- Chico Women's Club hosts congressional candidate forum
- Citizens for Justice Hosts Candidate Forum
- Chico State Hosts "Wildcats Vote" Campaign Forum
- Brown, Legislative Leaders Reach California Budget Deal
- League of Women Voters Butte County Announces Candidate Forums
- UPDATE: Missing Butte College student FOUND
- Butte College Grants Help pay for Textbooks