INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. (AP) - A 20-year-old suspect in a New Year's Day homicide in Northern California has been arrested after a manhunt near Lake Tahoe.
Sean Purdy is suspected of killing his father, 52-year-old Lance Purdy, at the family residence in Pine Grove, California.
He was arrested Thursday near Incline Village after deputies received a tip from an Uber or Lyft driver who picked him up.
A warrant was issued for Purdy's arrest after the Amador County Sheriff’s Office said they got a call New Year’s Day from a woman who said she was out of state but was worried about her husband.
The woman said her husband had flown home to Pine Grove to check on their son, Sean Purdy. A neighbor said they saw the son leave the family’s home in a 2017 blue Subaru Outback. The neighbor found a large amount of blood in and around the Kevkie Court home, according to a KCRA report.
Detectives were able to track Sean Purdy's cellphone to the Lake Tahoe area. He ran away from the 7-Eleven when a deputy saw him.
Purdy was found about 3 miles from the 7-Eleven, authorities said.
So far, he's only been charged in Nevada with obstructing justice and resisting arrest.
He's being held in the Washoe County Jail in Reno while Amador County deputies continue to investigate the homicide in California.
- California homicide suspect arrested after manhunt at Tahoe
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt
- BCSO: Lake Tahoe Man Arrested for Drugs
- Manhunt for inmate who escaped California prison
- Tahoe Highway 28 Overnight Closures
- Tahoe woman found buried alive
- Manhunt underway for Shasta County shooting suspect
- Manhunt underway for Orland bank robbery suspect
- Roseville identity theft manhunt
- Underwater Trail Now Open at Lake Tahoe