Are you ready for a change?
California is expecting quite a bit of rain.
Southern California residents who live in burn scar areas from the recent wildfires are making early preparations to prevent potentially catastrophic mudslides.
LA public works crews were out today installing massive cement barriers and k-rails in strategic locations to direct runoff from the foothills.
The “La Tuna” fire burned the hillside in September, destroying any traction to slow the mud flow down.
Crews also installed barriers in Orange, Ventura, and Santa Barbara counties.
- California expecting heavy rain
- Heavy rain ahead for Northern California
- Rain Expected this Weekend
- More heavy rain & lower snow ahead for Northern California
- Heavy rain is prompting a Flood Watch across Northern California
- Heavy rain hits California to start work week
- Heavy Rain, Snow coming Monday
- Heavy Rain, Snow for Tuesday
- Heavy Rain, Snow With Late Week Storm
- Another Round of Heavy Rain This Week