NAPA, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say a worker at a California vineyard has died in an accident involving a grape-harvesting machine.
State fire spokesman Bruce Land says emergency crews responded Monday to a report of a worker stuck inside the equipment at the Napa-area Deconinck Vineyards.
KPIX-TV reports 49-year-old Leon Marcelo Luna died at the scene.
The station says Luna's family reported he was working next to the device when a piece of his clothing got caught and pulled him into the machine.
Cal/OSHA, the state's workplace safety agency, will investigate.
- California Vineyard Worker Killed by Grape Harvester
- Utility worker killed near Northern California wildfire
- Johnny Appleseed Days is Oldest Harvest Festival in California
- Power outages affect farmers harvest
- California Soldier Killed in Iraq
- Shootout kills California officer, suspect
- Farm City Harvest Festival in Chico Saturday
- VIDEO: Gridley Farmer Harvests Rice Krispie Treats
- Rice Harvest Delayed in Butte County
- Farm City Celebration Harvest Festival is Saturday