The Pentagon says a 20-year-old soldier from Southern California has died in Iraq.
Officials announced Monday that Cpl. Todd McGurn died Saturday of a "non-combat related incident" in Baghdad.
No additional details were provided but officials said the incident is under investigation.
According to the Associated Press, McGurn was from Riverside, California. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 6th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division based at Fort Bliss, Texas.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help McGurn's family support themselves as they grieve and travel to Delaware to accompany his body back to California.
The page says McGurn died a month shy of his 21st birthday .
- California Soldier Killed in Iraq
- 2 Colorado soldiers ID'd as victims of California crash
- Officials: Avalanche kills 5 soldiers, injures 12 in Turkey
- Shootout kills California officer, suspect
- Iraq Prime Minister: 'Fight against ISIS is over'
- Ancient palace emerges from drought-hit Iraq reservoir
- Man convicted of California baby kidnap-killing
- Utility worker killed near Northern California wildfire
- Report: Massive fire tornado killed California firefighter
- California Vineyard Worker Killed by Grape Harvester