BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - The California Senior Medicare Patrol is warning people of several instances of fraudulent hospice enrollments in Butte County.
The patrol issued an alert, stating that it is getting several reports about a hospice company that is giving presentations and visiting seniors at their home, and enrolling them into hospice even though they do not have a terminal illness.
The hospice company misleads people into enrolling in hospice by offering beneficiaries housekeeping, home health, nurse visits and free medication, according to the patrol.
Additionally, the hospice company is claiming it is a different branch of hospice and that services are covered by Medicare through Obamacare.
Anyone with information about local fraudulent hospice enrollments is encouraged to call 1-855-613-7080.
- California Senior Medicare Patrol issues fraud alert
- Seniors learn how to detect new Medicare card phone scams
- Shasta County Senior & Veteran Fraud Prevention Fair
- Northern California traffic alerts
- Flex Alert Today Across California
- Senior Tsunami: The aging of California
- Silver alert issued for north state counties
- New Medicare Cards Could Bring New Scams
- HICAP presents 'Welcome to Medicare' workshops