CHICO, Calif. -- The California National Guard Search and Recovery team looked for Camp Fire victims in Paradise on Wednesday.
A sergeant with the Butte County Sheriff's Office said the search locations are based on addresses from welfare checks people have called in on.
The search and rescue mission will also cover areas including Magalia and Concow.
Once the National Guard finds any remains, the coroner will recover them.
"We are gonna continue searching because there are a lot of people that want some answers. They are depending on us to find their loved one," said Sergeant Steve Collins from the Butte County Sheriff's Office.
Collins said the search is going to be complex because there is a lot of ground to cover and a lot of material to sift through.
FOLLOW LAURA ENG ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- California National Guard Searches for Camp Fire Victims
- Camp Fire: Resources for Victims
- Camp Fire Evacuees Search for Affordable Housing
- RaboBank waives fees for Camp Fire victims
- Redding Nonprofit Helps Camp Fire Victims
- Shasta County Helps Camp Fire Victims
- Camp Fire: List of identified victims
- Wildfire Insurance Protections for California Fire Victims
- Photos of Sunday Search & Rescue Operations for the Camp Fire
- Samaritan's Purse Volunteers Search Through Homes Burned in Camp Fire