Gavin Newsom - 4,227,735 votes, 59.3 percent
John Cox - 2,896,411 votes, 40.7 percent
**REMINDER: These are the unofficial results from the midterm elections. All official results must be certified by the Secretary of State.
One of the major races on the ballot on Nov. 6 is for California Governor.
As the state's chief executive officer oversees most state departments and agencies and appoints judges.
Proposes new laws, approves or vetoes legislation, and submits the annual state budget to the Legislature.
Mobilizes and directs state resources during emergencies
John H. Cox, Republican
"I wasn't supposed to make it into this run-off for Governor. I'm not part of the political class, wasn't born rich, no family with political connections. My name is John Cox, and I think what the political class has done to working people in California is a crime. They've rigged the game, trading favors and enriching themselves, while millions of forgotten Californians have been left behind..."
To read Cox's full statement, CLICK HERE.
Gavin Newsom, Democrat
Newsom did not submit a candidate statement for the official voting guide.
- California Governor Candidates
- California Lieutenant Governor Candidates
- California State Assembly Candidates
- California Controller Candidates
- California Treasurer Candidates
- California Attorney General Candidates
- California Insurance Commissioner Candidates
- California Secretary of State Candidates
- George Deukmejian Ex-Governor of California Dies
- UPDATE: Governor Proposes $138 Billion California Budget