CHICO, Calif. - Cal Fire has increased their staff for the Red Flag Warning and will reach their peak staffing on July 1st.
A Red Flag warning has been in place today and will continue to be in place tomorrow. CAL Fire has made sure that during Red Flag Warnings they keep two dozers on staff at all times rather than only one on staff during the night. Rick Carhart, Public Information Officer for Cal Fire Butte County, says dozers are a vital piece of equipment to have during fire emergencies because they enable firefighters to add containment lines around a fire quickly and effectively.
Four stations in Butte County have two dozers on staff but this will be increasing, especially in the foothills. Two dozers and two hand crews are expected to be on staff at all times at stations in the foothills as fire season ramps up.
Cal Fire Butte County is expected to reach their peak staffing levels by July 1st, as fire season ramps up from there.
If an incident were to occur and Cal Fire Butte County could not contain the fire, their emergency center can request help from Cal Fire's Northern Operations Center in Redding who can provide them with any resources they require.
At this time, Cal Fire's Air Attack Base in Chico is fully staffed with one attack craft and one air tanker. There are also currently four hand crews in Butte County with one on guard at all times.
- Cal Fire prepares during red flag warning
- Cal Fire prepares for the Red Flag Warning and the fire season
- Red Flag Warnings increases So Cal fire threat again today
- Red Flag Warning Ahead!
- Red Flag Warning around the 'Carr Fire'
- Red Flag Warning for Critical Fire Danger
- Cal Fire
- Cal Fire Urges Caution this Red Flag Weekend
- Cal Fire Urges People to Prepare for Wildfire Season
- CAL FIRE prepares for wildfire season in Butte County