Update 6:30 p.m., August 31, 2019 - Butte County Sheriff's Office told Action News Now the search has continued on the ground and in the air.
The victim that was first to be located said the other man is a strong swimmer. This gave the Department reason to believe the man could possibly be on land.
With the Sheriff's office continuing the search, Cal Fire has since been released.
Update 4:52 p.m., August 31, 2019 - Cal Fire says two people were on a canoe when it overturned in the Feather River.
One of the men swam to shore though the other is still unlocated.
Crews are still searching for a male adult, about 40-years-old wearing dark clothing.
He was last seen a mile and a half north of the bridge on East Gridley Road.
Cal Fire told Action News Now, they, along with the Sheriff's department and Search and Rescue, are all searching the Feather River in air and on the water. They are even using camera equipment on the boat to search the river.
GRIDLEY, Calif. - A rescue is underway with Cal Fire to locate a victim in Feather River about a mile north of the Gridley Boat Launch.
This happened just after one when Cal Fire said they got a call from a guide fisherman who was flagged down by two people who told him they saw someone go into the water but not come back up. That is when Officials say the two saw a life jacket floating.
Officials say one victim has been located and is uninjured and they are still searching for another possible victim.
We have a reporter on their way to the scene. Stay with Action News Now for developments.
- Butte County Sheriff's Office on scene of Feather River water rescue in Gridley
- Feather River Health Center Reopens
- Feather River drowning victim identified
- Feather River Flows Increase Until June
- Feather River Fish Hatchery Ladder Opens Friday
- CHP fishes stolen car from Feather River
- Missing Chico kayaker found in Feather River
- Sheriff’s Office Investigating Death of Man Found in Feather River
- Two Hikers Rescued from Feather Falls
- Feather Falls Tattoo Expo kicks off in Butte County