SHASTA AND TRINITY COUNTIES, Calif. - The Cal Fire Shasta-Trinity Unit has a new unit chief for its Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.
Director Ken Pimlott formally announced the appointment of Bret Gouvea as the new unit chief, effective Dec. 12, 2018.
On Jan. 8, 2019, Gouvea was appointed as the Fire Warden and Chief of the Shasta County Fire Department, succeeding Mike Hebrard, who was promoted to the Northern Region as Assistant Region Chief on Dec. 1.
Gouvea began his career with Cal Fire in 1990 as a firefighter in the Shasta-Trinity Unit. He has been involved in various training and management teams with Cal Fire since the beginning of his career and has held titles such as Fire Captain, Battalion Chief and Assistant Chief.
"I'm looking forward to continuing to serve the Shasta-Trinity Unit and Shasta County Fire Department in this new capacity," Gouvea said. "The level of service, commitment and the positive working relationship shared between the two has never been tested or shown its strength like it has this past year. I'm proud to be a part of providing the highest level of service possible to our communities.
- Cal Fire Shasta-Trinity Unit Appoints New Chief
- Shasta-Trinity National forest Conducts Fire Projects
- Cal Fire
- Chico City Council appoints new fire chief
- Paradise Appoints New Police Chief
- Raw Footage: Delta Fire in Shasta and Trinity Counties
- Fire Restrictions Now in Effect for Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- Debris burning suspended in Shasta and eastern Trinity Counties
- Lightning Sparks Concern for Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- 78-acre controlled burn planned in Shasta-Trinity National Forest