OROVILLE, Calif.- A Table Mountain home built in the 1940s known as Wicks Corner has been destroyed by a fire.
CalFire said around 5:30, a homeowner noticed breakers shutting off, so he turned them off. The homeowner saw smoke and turned off the main breaker, but did not call 911.
An hour later around 6:30 a.m., flames were seen in the attic and quickly spread to the roof.
He called 911 and the closest CalFire station was 10 minutes away.
Crews have been on the scene for an hour, but the home is destroyed. The husband and wife escaped without injury.
Calfire wants to use this as an opportunity to remind people to call 911 as soon as they see a problem, and not to wait.
- Oroville home known as Wicks Corner destroyed by fire
- Fire destroys home in Oroville
- Fire destroys mobile home in Oroville
- Flames destroy home north of Oroville
- Oroville Storage units destroyed by fire
- 2-Acre Fire Destroys Thermalito Home
- Corner Fire Burns in Shasta County
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- Bangor home destroyed in Saturday morning fire
- Concow Mobile Home Destroyed by Fire