BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Cal Fire is performing a controlled burn on Dec. 13 in Butte County.
They are burning 77 acres of grassland in the Chico Creek Ecological Reserve, just north of Bidwell Park.
Smoke will be visible in the area for most of the day, so Cal Fire officials ask people to not be alarmed.
- Cal Fire Issues Controlled Burn on Dec. 13
- Cal Fire Conducting Controlled Burn in Magalia
- Cal Fire: Controlled Burn Postponed Due to High Fire Danger
- CAL FIRE conducting a controlled burn south of Oroville
- CAL FIRE extinguishes escaped controlled burn in Cohasset
- CAL FIRE crews conduct 100-acre controlled burn in Shasta County
- Cal Fire
- Forest Ranch Controlled Burn
- What You Need to Know: Dec. 13
- Cal Fire ignites controlled burns to aid forests for future wildfires