MAGALIA, Calif. - Beginning at 9 a.m. today, Butte County Cal Fire will be conducting an eight-acre controlled burn at the Butte Fire Center on Steiffer Rd. in Magalia.
It is planned to continue for most of the day. Smoke should be visible in northern Butte County.
The burn will reduce hazardous vegetation to maintain a shaded-fuel break around the facility, as well as provide a training opportunity for firefighters. Reducing forest fuels in a controlled burn will lessen the potential of a wildfire during periods of high fire danger.
Cal Fire wants to remind everyone that, despite the rain, a burn ban is still in effect for all unincorporated areas of Butte County.
- Cal Fire Conducting Controlled Burn in Magalia
- CAL FIRE crews conduct 100-acre controlled burn in Shasta County
- CAL FIRE will conduct control burn at Loafer Creek, Tuesday
- CAL FIRE conducting a controlled burn south of Oroville
- Control Burn Scheduled in Magalia: Cancelled
- Control Burn Scheduled in Magalia Postponed
- Firefighters conduct controlled burns despite high temperatures
- Lassen National Forest to conduct control burn
- Cal Fire Extinguishes Magalia Structure Fire
- Cal Fire extinguishes Magalia house fire