CHICO, Calif. - A Cal Fire captain has been charged in an alleged sexual assault case that occurred in Chico in July of 2017.
Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey announced that Kevin Andrew Fleming, 36, of Chico, was charged with one count of digital penetration of an unconscious intoxicated female.
The alleged assault occurred at a private home in Chico during a social gathering on July 15, 2017. Fleming was originally identified as the suspect in the case during an investigation conducted by the Chico Police Department after the incident occurred.
The Butte County District Attorney's Office continued the investigation and filed a formal complaint against Fleming on August 3, 2018.
The defendant faces the possibility of eight years in a state prison and a lifetime sexual registration requirement if convicted.
Fleming is currently out of custody and will be arraigned on Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
- Cal Fire Captain Charged in Sexual Assault Case
- Cal Fire Captain Accused of Sexual Assault Heads to Trial
- Cal Fire Captain Pleads Not Guilty in Alleged Sexual Assault Case
- Cal Fire
- Captain Cal joins CAL FIRE team to educate kids about fire safety
- Butte College Police investigating sexual assault case
- Redding masseuse arrested on sexual assault charges
- Community to Honor Fallen Chico Fire Captain
- Chico Community Honors Fallen Fire Captain
- Captain Fire burning in Trinity County