WOONSOCKET, R.I. - CVS Health is making prescription deliveries nationwide to accommodate the heightened expectations of convenience from consumers.
The nation's second-largest drugstore chain says it also will make home deliveries of other items, like allergy medicines, vitamins or household products. The service will cost $4.99 for deliveries made in one or two days.
The drugstore chain said Tuesday that it's expanding same-day deliveries to Boston, Miami, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington, DC. It began making same-day deliveries in New York late last year.
Drugstores and other retailers have been pushing more customer-friendly services in recent years to hold Amazon.com at bay. The online retailer offers members same-day deliveries of goods typically sold in drugstores in some places.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CVS Health Will Now Deliver Prescriptions to Your Home
- CVS buys insurance giant Aetna
- Orland CVS Robbery Suspects Identified
- Man robs CVS at gunpoint
- Chico Police arrest suspect in CVS burglary
- Some Democrats Start Delivering on Health Care Pledges
- Walgreens pharmacy robbed of prescription drugs
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Marysville police arrest CVS robbery suspect in just a minute
- Infant ibuprofen sold at CVS, Walmart and Family Dollar recalled