CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Unified School District is going high tech this upcoming 2018-2019 academic school year.
During registration, each student from 6th through the senior year will be given a brand new chrome book.
Officials with the computer for classrooms say this program began with an idea four years ago.
They realized some students did not have the technology to complete assignments.
That is when they reached out to one middle school class a trial program.
They’re now branching out to make sure everyone has the same opportunities.
Parents who have children in these classrooms say they love the idea.
“Oh she loves it, it really connects us together I can send her emails and check her homework, grades any assignments she gets,” said Michael Deir.
The laptops are not just for school, students will be allowed to keep the devices throughout the summer as their personal laptops.
- CUSD Offering Brand New Tech for Students During 2018-2019 Year
- Oak Bridge Academy Accepting Applications for 2018-2019 School Year
- CUSD Board to Talk Summer Projects
- CUSD to Step-Up Campus Surveillance
- CUSD receives "Stop The Bleed" kits
- Governor Brown announces proposed state budget for 2018-2019
- Clothing brand unveils 'Extreme Cut Out' jeans
- Iowa students offered medical help by phone
- AAUW Women's History Month Tea benefits Tech Trek students
- E-Cigarette Sellers use College Scholarships to Sell Brands