CHICO, Calif. -- Chico Police are looking for the man who opened fire near Chico State's campus Sunday morning.
Chico police say a man was walking near Acker Gym when a group of men drove up and shot him in the leg.
Police are not saying if the victim is a student or if he knew the shooter.
So far no arrests have been made in the case.
Action News Now asked Chico State students if this shooting made them nervous.
"I don't really know what we can do about it because there are so many outsiders you know from the Halloween holiday, but yeah, it's not right at all. I don't feel safe. I didn't want to go out at all weekend," said Jeremy Rhodes, a freshman at Chico State.
"It's pretty shocking considering our current community climate in terms of we hear this stuff a lot more nowadays, however, I do have confidence in our community to handle the situation especially in our campus and keeping the students safe and secure," said Fernando Dominguez, a Junior at Chico State.
A commander at Chico PD said he doesn't know yet if this is gang-related.
FOLLOW LAURA ENG ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- CSUC Students React to Sunday Morning Shooting Near Campus
- Prescribed fire techniques taught to CSUC students
- CSUC students speak out against increases in college fees
- CSUC Nursing Student Killed in DUI Crash Remembered
- CSUC Agriculture department gets million dollar gift
- CSUC food pantry receives 80k from grant
- CSUC Study on Sit-Lie Ordinance
- Police investigate shooting near Chico State campus
- Beloved proponent of cross-cultural learning at CSUC retires
- Meeting at CSUC discusses fed's water delivery plan