CALIFORNIA - Though the Fourth of July is over, CHP officers are still heavily patrolling the roadways.
The agencies maximum enforcement period kicked in Wednesday at 6:01 p.m. and runs through Sunday at 11:59 p.m.
Officers will be looking for DUI's pertaining to alcohol and drugs.
The CHP arrested 389 people last year's holiday weekend. It is also said that 18 people lost their lives.
- CHP's maximum enforcement period continues through weekend
- CHP begins maximum enforcement period
- CHP to Begin Christmas Maximum Enforcement Period
- CHP Maximum Enforcement Period Kicks off for New Year's
- CHP to Kick Off Maximum Enforcement This Weekend
- CHP releases numbers from New Year’s Day Maximum Enforcement period
- CHP ends labor day maximum enforcement period with over 1,000 DUI arrests
- 31 people arrested in northern California during maximum enforcement period
- CHP Releases New Year's Holiday Maximum Enforcement Numbers
- CHP Fourth of July Enforcement