CHICO, Calif. - A commercial enforcement officer who was assigned to the CHP - Chico area was monitoring truck traffic along Camp Fire cleanup routes when he saw two dump trucks driving recklessly on state Route 70.
Both trucks were reported to be following traffic too close, making unsafe lane changes, and reaching speeds between 74 to 78 mph.
Both trucks were stopped by CHP and each driver was cited with misdemeanor reckless driving.
Read the full post from CHP - Valley Division below
- CHP stop dump trucks for reckless driving
- Shasta County CHP officer in court on reckless driving charges
- Reckless driver caught by Redding police using CHP air operations
- Chico neighbors concerned about dump truck parking
- CHP Warns Drivers about Drinking and Driving
- CHP Hosts Chips For Kids Toy Drive
- CHP Holds Annual Holiday Toy Drive
- CHP teaching teens about safe driving
- CHP: Multiple crashes on Hilltop Drive Offramp
- CHP: Fertilizer spray truck crashes on the Skyway, traffic affected