According to CHP Headquarters Twitter page the recent New Year’s Day Maximum Enforcement period lasting 78 hours, CHP officers made 936 arrests for driving under the influence.
This was a 22% increase from the same period last year.
40 people were killed in collisions in California between 6:01 p.m. on Friday December 29th and 11:59 p.m. on Monday January 1st.
This is a nearly 38% increase from the same period last year.
They also said that 13 of the 19 vehicle occupants killed within CHP jurisdiction during the recent New Year’s weekend were not wearing their seatbelt.
- CHP begins maximum enforcement period
- CHP to Begin Christmas Maximum Enforcement Period
- CHP releases numbers from New Year’s Day Maximum Enforcement period
- CHP to Kick Off Maximum Enforcement This Weekend
- 31 people arrested in northern California during maximum enforcement period
- CHP Fourth of July Enforcement
- Day in the Life of a CHP Cadet
- Oroville CHP: "13 DUI Arrests in 15 Days is Average"
- Video: Bear That Wandered at Interstate 5, Captured and Released by Redding CHP
- Oroville CHP delivers toys to kids