According to CHP Headquarters Twitter page the recent New Year’s Day Maximum Enforcement period lasting 78 hours, CHP officers made 936 arrests for driving under the influence.
This was a 22% increase from the same period last year.
40 people were killed in collisions in California between 6:01 p.m. on Friday December 29th and 11:59 p.m. on Monday January 1st.
This is a nearly 38% increase from the same period last year.
They also said that 13 of the 19 vehicle occupants killed within CHP jurisdiction during the recent New Year’s weekend were not wearing their seatbelt.
- CHP begins maximum enforcement period
- CHP to Begin Christmas Maximum Enforcement Period
- CHP's maximum enforcement period continues through weekend
- CHP releases numbers from New Year’s Day Maximum Enforcement period
- Numbers roll in from CHP maximum enforcement period
- CHP Releases New Year's Holiday Maximum Enforcement Numbers
- CHP Maximum Enforcement Period Kicks off for New Year's
- CHP to begin maximum enforcement period, Nov. 27
- CHP to start Maximum Enforcement Period on Christmas Eve
- CHP ends labor day maximum enforcement period with over 1,000 DUI arrests