Photo Gallery 6 Images
UPDATE: 12:39 a.m., Monday, Nov. 25, 2019 - Investigators have released the two identities who were pronounced deceased at the scene of a collision on Sunday near the intersection of Highway 44 and I-5.
The Shasta County Deputy Coroner Investigator was sent to a location near the intersection of Highway 44 and Interstate 5 for a single-vehicle collision.
The two occupants suffered major injuries from the collision and were pronounced deceased at the scene, investigators said.
The two occupants have been positively identified as 23-year-old Justin Harley Hoover and 28-year-old Melissa Anne Satterfield, both of Anderson, according to the Shasta County Coroner’s Office.
The traffic collision is being investigated by the CHP.
UPDATE: 3:40 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 24, 2019 - Around 9 a.m. Sunday morning, CHP says they responded to a rollover with what was called in as a man lying face down outside of a car with "car parts in a nearby tree".
When they arrived at Highway 44 westbound offramp, Redding Fire and CHP say they found a 23-year-old man and 28-year-old woman lying outside of the 2009 Dodge Charger. Officials say the car was wedged between two trees with major damage.
Through investigation, officials say it is believed the two from Anderson were not wearing seatbelts and had been thrown from the car when it collided with the large tree.
Both the man and woman were pronounced dead on the scene.
Officials say they believe the crash happened earlier in the morning, though they do not know exactly when.
The crash is under investigation and if you have any information, you are asked to call Redding CHP at (530)-225-0500 and speak with Officer Steve Rauch.
REDDING, Calif. - California Highway Patrol has confirmed a fatality has happened on northbound I-5 at westbound Highway 44.
According to CHP, it is a single-vehicle accident.
They say traffic is not being impacted at this time.
Action News Now will update when possible.
- Investigators release identities from I-5 fatal accident in Redding
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-5 Accident Near Redding
- Investigators release identities of double fatal Highway 44 crash in Redding
- Fatal motorcycle accident in Redding
- Announcing the Redding Identity Project
- Identity Released of Pedestrian Killed by Train in Redding
- Investigators release identity of man killed in crash near Oroville
- Roseville identity theft manhunt
- Two dead after fatal head-on collision on I-5 north of Redding