JACKSON, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say a California Highway Patrol officer in Northern California was arrested on suspicion of raping a 12-year-old girl.
The Amador County Sheriff's Office says 35-year-old Michael Joslin, of Pioneer, was arrested Monday after a pastor contacted authorities after learning of the abuse.
The office says detectives determined Joslin had been molesting the child for about a year.
The Sacramento Bee reports Joslin was found in Placer County and arrested on suspicion of oral copulation with a minor under 14, lewd acts with a child under 14, rape and other charges.
It wasn't immediately clear whether he had an attorney who could comment.
CHP spokesman Craig Harmon confirmed that Joslin was a CHP officer at the time of his arrest. He said Joslin no longer works for the CHP.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CHP officer arrested on suspicion of raping 12-year-old girl
- Dennis Rodman arrested on suspicion of DUI
- Anderson Teacher Arrested on Suspicion of Relationship With Student
- 12-Year-Old Arrested in Red Bluff
- CHP officer killed by suspected drunk driver
- North state honors fallen CHP officer
- Man Helps CHP Officer in Struggle
- CHP Calling Arrest an 'Unusual Incident'
- Oroville CHP Arrests Mother for DUI
- 49ers linebacker jailed on suspicion of domestic assault