Biggs, Calif.--The California Highway Patrol is asking for the public's help in locating the driver and vehicle used in a fatal hit and run last night in Biggs. The victim in this hit and run is identified as 49-year-old Les Mize.
This crash happened at 8:00 Tuesday night on B street just west of Highway 99, near the Pizza Round Up.
The CHP believes Mize was crossing the street from the south side of the roadway over to the north side, and was hit by the vehicle that was traveling east.
Kevin Rhoades has known Mize for the past year and has coffee and dinner with him every day. He believes Mize was on his way to his house.
He shared with us what he wants everyone to know about him.
"Just that he was a kind-hearted person, he was a good person, and he didn't deserve to be on the side of the road left. He helped everybody and he really cared for people, he really treated people right, and he's going to be missed by everybody who knew him," Rhoades said.
Oroville CHP told Action News Now that through evidence collection, they have been able to determine that the vehicle involved is a 2013 F-150 pick-up.
They do not have a color of the vehicle yet, but they believe it will have damage to the right headlight and a possible shattered windshield.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the CHP.
Rhoades went on to tell me that Mize leaves behind six kids, and he has created a go-fund-me to support them with funeral expenses. If you’d like to donate, you can do so here: https://www.gofundme.com/burial-expenses-for-les-mize
- CHP looking for vehicle involved in deadly hit and run
- UPDATE: CHP Releases Suspect Vehicle Description in Deadly Hit-and-Run
- CHP Locates Potential Witness of Deadly Hit-and-Run on Highway 32
- CHP searching for suspect, vehicle in hit-and-run on Chico skateboarder
- CHP investigating deadly crash near Gerber
- CHP Oroville investigating fatal hit-and-run, 1 man dead
- Authorities search for driver involved in deadly hit and run in Biggs
- CHP investigating deadly crash along Highway 99 in Chico
- Woman Faces 12-Year Sentence in Deadly Hit-and-Run
- Bangor man sentenced for role in deadly hit-and-run