According to the Anderson Police an Anderson Police officer was in the area of 273 and Latona Road Thursday November 30th around 11:45 p.m. when he witnessed a green Honda Accord drive down Highway 273 at excessive speeds.
The officer began a pursuit in attempt to catch the vehicle when he found the car traveling more than 100 miles per hour.
An additional officer was in the area and began to pursue the Honda in the area of Highway 273 and Ox Yoke Road.
The Honda failed to stop at a red light at Ox Yoke Road and Highway 273 then crossed multiple lanes and entered Interstate 5.
The Honda was still driving speeds over 100 miles per hour when it exited I-5 at North Street.
The driver then bailed out of the car while it was still moving, and ran eastbound across the freeway.
The CHP Northern Division Air Operations helicopter was overhead and kept track of the driver as he fled.
The helicopter directed the officers to the driver’s location as he attempted to hide behind a business on North Street.
Officers and K9 officer Aero confronted the driver and detained him with no further incident.
The driver was identified as Jason Wrey Blair 45 years old from Redding and was found to be under the influence of methamphetamines.
Blair was arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail on charges of felony evading a peace officer, evading a peace officer, crossing into opposing lanes of traffic, drug DUI, and resisting arrest.
- CHP helicopter locates suspect after 100 MPH chase
- CHP: 6-year-old located after being taken by biological mother
- CHP officer killed by suspected drunk driver
- SCSO: Suspect Injured in Shootout with CHP
- Redding man leads CHP on high speed chase
- CHP: 1 dead, after suspected DUI car crash in Oroville
- CHP: Chico man dead after suspected DUI motorcycle crash
- CHP Oroville learns identity of a hit-and-run suspect
- CHP begins maximum enforcement period
- CHP Fourth of July Enforcement