UPDATE 3:18 p.m. Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office identified the person killed in a crash in Redding Tuesday night as Bradley Daniel Murchison, 27, of Oak Run.
The crash remains under investigation by the California Highway Patrol.
REDDING, Calif. - The California Highway Patrol is considering alcohol a factor in a crash that killed one person in Shasta County Tuesday night.
Around 9:50 p.m., the driver of a 2006 Ford F350 was driving east on Oak Run Road, west of Oak Run to Fern Road.
For unknown reasons, the driver allowed the vehicle to veer to the left and it exited the roadway, according to authorities.
The vehicle overturned as it left the roadway. The driver was ejected and was killed, CHP said. Three passengers in the vehicle suffered minor injuries.
CHP is considering alcohol to be a factor in the crash.
The identity of the driver has not been released pending notification of next of kin, but CHP said he is a 27-year-old man.
Stay tuned for updates.
- Authorities identify man killed in suspected DUI crash in Redding
- Authorities identify man killed in Redding officer-involved shooting
- Authorities identify man killed in crash on Clark Road
- Authorities identify man killed in Oroville shooting
- Victims identified in Plumas County DUI crash that killed 3
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash
- 1 arrested, 1 hospitalized in suspect DUI crash in Redding
- Authorities identify man killed in Skyway crash as sexual assault suspect
- UPDATE: Two men killed identified, one arrested after suspected DUI crash on Hwy 70
- Driver that killed 3 in suspected DUI crash makes bail, family identified