A series of Oroville vehicle thefts have been resolved by the CHP, after they arrested a parolee and his wife for the crimes.
Photos of this truck were widely shared on social media Monday after it was stolen from the Oroville Hospital parking lot. Jerry Goodwin was visiting a friend, and when he returned to the parking lot, his 1999 Ford 4x4 was gone.
He and his girlfriend posted these photos on Facebook, and quickly heard it had been seen on Oro Garden Ranch Road at the Oroville home of parolee Josh Spencer. CHP officers arrested him and his wife, Kelly Spencer after finding three or four stolen motorcycles, and two stolen trailers on the property. They did not find the truck, but found the stereo and the owner's work binder on the bed.
Wednesday morning the truck was located on Pioneer Trail Road with a broken ignition and door lock. Only two tires were left on the truck.
All of the vehicles and trailers have now been returned to their owners. They had been stolen over a period of the last two weeks, said Oroville CHP Officer Ryan Lambert. One theft was from Chico, he said, and the rest were from Oroville
- CHP: Oroville parolee and wife arrested for stealing vehicles
- Oroville CHP Arrests Mother for DUI
- Oroville Man Arrested for Ex-Wife's Murder
- Oroville CHP: "13 DUI Arrests in 15 Days is Average"
- Oroville CHP delivers toys to kids
- CHP Oroville Distributes Free Tri Tip Dinners
- Redding Area CHP Officer and His Wife Battling Cancer
- CHP: 1 dead, after suspected DUI car crash in Oroville
- CHP Oroville investigating fatal hit-and-run, 1 man dead
- Oroville spillway looter charged with stealing