Oroville Calif.-- The California Highway Patrol spend Tuesday handing out a different kind of ticket: One that actually makes people smile!
Larsen Lincoln, owner of Avery's Lube and Oil, wanted to do something nice for Oroville. So he purchased more than a dozen Tri Tip dinner tickets from the Las Plumas High School Football Club. The dinners include not only BBQ Tri Tip, but potato salad, beans, rolls, and cookies. Lincoln gave them to CHP Oroville Officer Ryan Lambert, to distribute them to random people around town.
Tuesday, Lambert handed them out to a variety of people, who seemed truly appreciate of the gesture. WATCH:
- CHP Oroville Distributes Free Tri Tip Dinners
- Free Christmas Dinners Available
- Oroville CHP delivers toys to kids
- Oroville CHP Arrests Mother for DUI
- Kids paint CHP patrol cars in Oroville
- Oroville teen: man tried to expose himself
- Stomping Death, Oroville Teen Tried As Adult
- CHP Hosting 'Tip a Chippie' for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Needle distribution program underway
- CHP: Oroville parolee and wife arrested for stealing vehicles