UPDATE 10:13 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019 - The California Highway Patrol says they plan to charge a driver who flipped his car off of a bridge in Chico with a DUI.
The crash happened around midnight on Tuesday on North Highway near Orchard Blossom. Officers say that Anthony Jenson of Magalia flipped his car over the guard rail and into a creek bed.
He was treated and released from the hospital on Tuesday and is now facing DUI charges.
CHICO, Calif. - The California Highway Patrol says a driver is facing charges after crashing their car off a bridge in Chico.
Officers say the unidentified driver crashed into a guardrail just after midnight Tuesday on Nord Highway and Hosler Avenue.
Officers say the car overturned and landed into the creek below. Officers say the driver was hospitalized and is expected OK, but is now facing charges surrounding the crash. Officers have not revealed what those charges are at this time.
This is a developing story, check back for more details.
- Driver facing DUI charges after crashing off bridge in Chico
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- Suspected DUI Driver Dies After Jumping Off Bridge: Redding PD
- Suspected DUI driver speeds, crashes, gets major injuries
- Suspected DUI driver crashes into family's home in south Oroville
- Woman faces murder charges stemming from fatal DUI
- CHP: Chico man dead after suspected DUI motorcycle crash
- Chico woman arrested for DUI after three-car crash
- Chico police make DUI arrest after overnight crash
- Suspected DUI driver rams LA patrol cars