CORNING, Calif. – One person was killed in a crash Sunday night near Corning, according to the CHP.
It happened just after 10:30 p.m. on South Avenue, west of Mary Avenue.
CHP said the man who was killed, driving a 2011 Nissan, drifted into the opposite lane, crashing head-on into a semi-truck pulling a tanker trailer full of diesel.
The collision blocked South Avenue is both directions.
Officers said the 45-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene, and the truck driver had minor injuries.
CHP is investigating if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash, they added that both drivers were wearing seatbelts.
- CHP: 1 person killed in crash near Corning
- Orland Man Killed in Crash Near Corning
- Driver charged in crash that killed rookie CHP officer
- CHP officer killed by suspected drunk driver
- CHP warns drivers after crash in Paradise
- CHP responding to crash in Gridley
- CHP investigating deadly crash near Gerber
- CHP responding to 2-car crash in Palermo
- CHP: Multiple crashes on Hilltop Drive Offramp
- UPDATE: One person killed, Wrong Person Arrested in Redding Crash