It's happened again; another theft at an Oroville gas station. Last week, we told you about propane tank thefts at the Lakeside Market. Now, we are hearing from the owners of a convenience store on Table Mountain Boulevard, where a different type of crime is occurring. The Vasudeva family has owned this store, Alliance Food & Gas, for several years. They say they've never had a problem with theft, until recently. Now, these “grab and run” thefts are starting to chip away at not only the Vasudeva’s bank account, but more importantly they say, their peace of mind. Heena Vasudeva says, “They have a hoodie, and they just run. The one time I was working, they jumped over here…” She describes how the thieves steal whatever they can grab in just a few seconds.
The Vasudeva’s say they’ve been contemplating new security measures to thwart the thieves, which will be expensive. More importantly, they say the recent thefts have shattered their comfort zones. Heena worries about her parents, and says if it gets too dangerous, they will close the store.
Oroville Police say they are confident someone will recognize at least one of the thieves, and they can make an arrest.
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Small Oroville business hit by grab & run thefts
- Car theft caught on camera in Chico
- Oroville Campaign Sign Theft
- UPDATE: Drug Arrest Caught on Camera in Oroville
- Caught on Camera: Laptop Theft at Downtown Chico Coffee Shop
- Fatal Hit and Run Reported in Oroville
- New Evidence in Oroville Hit and Run
- Caught on camera: Los Angeles purse snatcher
- 70 car pileup caught on camera